What Is A Link?
When learning how to do affiliate marketing the link is one of the most important tools you have at your disposal.
How can a link help you and why is it so important to you when it comes to making money online?
In affiliate marketing you job is to promote products, offers and services for the affiliate programs you are signed up to.
You do this by adding links to the products offers and services. If someone buys through those links you get a commision.
That is why learning about the link is so important.
So let look into it and find out why one of the common thoughts and questions when it comes to working online is why does the link have so much power?
This may seem like a boring subject to you but if you are serious about making money online, then stay with me and I will keep it as simple as I can for you to understand.
A link is a way of jumping from one place to another online, easily without your readers even noticing you have done anything.
One of the first things you need to learn if you are jumping onto the internet is it’s meaning.
The Boring Stuff ( it will be over soon:)
A relationship between two things or situations, especially where one affects the other.
- a code or instruction which connects one part of a program or an element in a list to another. Short for hyperlink.
- create a hyperlink between (web pages or hypertext documents). “I’ve had problems linking my blog to other websites”
Now that the boring stuff is over with…
Lets talk more about how to create links and where to place them.
> if you would like to learn more cool stuff about affiliate marketing then this link will take you to my blog ” The Golen Rules To Affiliate Marketing” <<
You will notice the words are highlighted, if you click on them you get taken to another page or place. This is a link.
How To Add A Link?
Every website comes with a link button. It looks something like the image below.
Things to do when you want to add a link?
- Firstly you highlight the words by draging your mouse across the words.
- Next you click the link button (like the picture above), and in the box that appears you add the link where you want to send you readers and buyers off too.
- Then press add button in the box, and like magic the link will be in place.
But matt wait where do I find the link to send the readers off too? We will get to that soon keep reading…
This link that you sent will now go to where ever you want to send someone off to, sometimes even with the potential to make money for you.
What Is A URL Link? – (what is a web site link)
This is name for the main link to any website that you type in on Goggle, Yahoo or Bing. In fact any search engine, so mine for this website is https://mattsmoneyclub.com (my url)
Now if you want to place a link to go to a website, this URL is what you would place in the link box after you have highlighted the words.
This is what a website link is.
How to create A Link To A Website
- You first grab the URL website link (like I discussed earlier) and highlight it by draging your mouse across it.
- Next copy it by right clicking on you mouse or keypad and hit the copy button.
- Then come back to your words which you want to add a link to and highlight them.
- Press the link button and when the box opens
- Right click your mouse and click paste the website URL in the box.
- You finish by pressing the add button and job done
- You have link to a website.
What Is A Link Shortner? – (how to shorten a link)
When you want to add links sometimes you will find they are very long so you need to cut them down or shorten the link.
When someone clicks on that link it looks messy and takes forever to open up.
So a link shortner is a way of making the link neater a smaller.
An example of this would be if my blog was called “how to build a website in under 30 seconds”.. I could shorten it “to build a site”
I personaly use a website called bitly.com or a have a website plugin called pretty links. They both do the same thing and shorten any url. It only take a few clicks and is very straight forward.
If you would like me to write a full blog article on how to do this leave a message for me in the comments box below.
How to Link to Affiliate Marketing Products
Remember earlier you were wondering where the I find the links to send someone off to? Well this is it the big reveal.
This is done in exactly the same way as adding any other link
- Firstly you have to sign up to affiliate programs online
- Most are free to join.
- Then from those affilate programs that you join, you receive your affiliate link to the products you want to promote.
- This is now the link you will place, after you have highlighted the words and pressed the link button.
Watch this video below it will clear up any confusion 🙂
The Link Is Your Secret Goldmine on your website.
This is one of the most important buttons you can use.
It has the power to open up your Affiliate Marketing world.
It can keep readers on your website for longer by sending them to another blog post or page within your website.
It can link them to any product, service or offer which you might be promoting, thus giving you the opportunity to make commissions.
If you place enough links and know how to do it right, then this could lead you to vast sums of money and a full time income working online.
But first you need to learn why, how and where to place them in the right way, otherwise this is know as spamming, and people have become wise to it and don’t like it.
This will make you link useless and those dreams of working from anywhere will be a no go from the start.
So here is what I would do if I was wanting to start Affiliate Marketing…
- I would sign up to wealthy Affiliate, it’s free to start
- Once you have joined Wealth Affiliate, firstly I would build my own website, you get one free. It only takes 30 seconds.
- Then I would add a photo and fill out my account details in my account profile.
- I would then start learning to do affiliate marketing the right way, by going through their training from lesson one.
You don’t need to go anywhere else Wealthy Affiliate has all the tools you need to learn and succeed in Affiliate Marketing.
In a few short months you will have learn’t all about links and how, where, and why to place them on your own website. How cool is that?
Did you find this article helpfull? Was it explained clearly and easily enough?
Please leave your comments in the box below I would love to know your thoughts.
For more Affiliate Marketing know-how read these articles below…
“This post may contain affiliate links. This helps my website run smoothly at no extra cost to you. If you would like to know more please read my privacy page”
Thank you for reading all about the link
Your Affiliate Marketing know-how man